Island Health's innovative, patient-centered Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC) teams are hiring for Medical Office Assistants at various Vancouver Island locations. Build a meaningful life-long career at the forefront of primary care service delivery in the beautiful Vancouver Island region.
UPCCs operate through a team-based approach and our Medical Office Assistants feel like a welcomed member of a multidisciplinary primary care team. Work directly alongside Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and the entire primary care team in a collaborative way to provide care our communities need.
We operate at seven locations on Vancouver Island:
- James Bay
- Downtown Victoria
- North Quadra
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide support to interdisciplinary Team;
- Provide administrative support;
- Provide reception support;
- Process financial transactions;
- Maintain inventory levels;
- Perform record-keeping duties;
- Operate electronic equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, printers, labelers, etc.;
- Connects peripheral computer equipment, orients staff to computer environment and provides basic instruction and guidance on related software to physicians and program staff, when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Link to full job description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD4796.pdf
Education, training and experience required:
Grade 12 education and graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience working with at-risk or street-involved populations preferred.
UPCC team members benefit from Accreditation Canada-certified workplaces that embrace continuous quality improvement in every dimension of care. Employee benefits of working here include competitive wages, municipal pension, exceptional employer-paid benefits package with dental and prescription coverage, group life, long-term disability and extensive extended health plan, and paid time off. MOAs benefit from flexible scheduling with more choice and more certainty around working hours and times.
Island Health continues to be selected for significant top employer awards, including BC's Top Employers (2023).
Join a UPCC team! Apply today!
For more information about working at a UPCC or to sign up to be contacted by a Recruiter, visit Join.IslandHealth.ca/UPCCjobs.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $24.80-$26.43 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Are you willing to commute or relocate near to a Vancouver Island UPCC location?
- Secondary School (required)
- Medical Office Assistant (MOA) course completion (required)
Work Location: In person