Quality Engineering Manager
At STELIA North America, we are offering the opportunity for a career that is out of this world! We are looking for someone to join our team in Lunenburg, NS. An affiliate of the Airbus Group of Companies, STELIA is a recognized leader in the design, analysis, and development of advanced composite structures for the aeronautic, defense and space markets. Headquartered in Lunenburg, NS, and with a site in Mirabel, QC, we operate more than 180,000 sq feet of facilities that are focused on composite, metal or hybrid sub-assemblies for major aeronautical players and innovating global solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Quality & Transformation. The Quality Engineering Manager provides leadership, guidance and support to Quality Engineering and Calibration staff. Quality Engineering staff monitor quality performance of product development and production, perform reviews and inspections of programs deliverables and associated activities to assure quality requirements and standards are met. Calibration staff ensure equipment conforms to program or industry standards.
The Manager embraces a culture defined by safety, quality, teamwork, and accountability.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, develop, mentor, and support a team of Quality Engineering and Calibration staff.
- Ensure facility compliance through accurate flow down of program and industry requirements.
- Interfacing customers, suppliers and other Stelia leadership to resolve technical or quality issues, keeping in mind the business reality of continuing work.
- Manage staffing levels to support site growth and program budgets.
- Drive process improvements and cost savings through quality metrics and utilizing a continuous improvement mentality.
- Collaborate with the production and engineering teams to ensure quality standards are in place, document and investigate quality issues to effectively prevent recurrence.
- Support MRB meetings and provide assistance to the team to close non-conformances.
- Support Readiness Review
- Generation and/or review of procedures (e.g., work instructions, inspection test plans, calibration, and material testing procedures) as needed.
- Perform analysis to assess and determine the cause of products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Support new business proposals and program start-ups.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
- Coordination and support of audits (e.g., internal, customer audits3rd, party)
- University degree in Engineering / Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading people or functions.
- 5+ years’ experience in an aerospace, defence, or related manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in AS/EN 9100, ISO 9001 or NADCAP, including audit experience.
- ASQ designation is an asset (e.g., Quality Manager, Auditor, Quality Engineer).
- Strong knowledge and experience of problem solving (e.g., root cause analysis, 5 Whys)
- Lean manufacturing experience (e.g., Green Belt, Black Belt Certification) is an asset.
- Action-oriented and willing to challenge status quo.
- Strong decision-making skills and result-driven (safety, quality, cost) approach
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups and departments.
- Proficient in M365 and ERP software
- Emotional intelligence skillset to connect authentically, communicate effectively, and thrive together daily and lead change in the workplace.
Level of Authority:
- Stop production for safety and quality concerns.
- Quality Engineering Staff
- Supplier Quality Engineering Staff
- Calibration Staff
At STELIA North America, we know our people are our greatest asset. We welcome anyone who is passionate, positive, team oriented, improvement focused, and willing to grow and develop their career. If you join us, you will find an environment that is challenging and rewarding, and a culture that is flexible, inclusive and welcoming.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- quality assurance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person