At Anika Youth Services, we support at-risk youth in the Surrey and Langley area who are in need of wrap around services, including long-term housing, outreach services, and life skills programming. AYS creates individualized plans that address the youth’s mental health, social, behavioural, and emotional needs.
We are a team that works together from every level of the agency to support our youth.
The 24 hour role requires staff to live in the house with youth for their shifts. There is a lockable staff bedroom/bathroom for your privacy. Employees may also be asked to pick up hourly shifts on occasion.
On-call employees are required to provide a minimum of 8 days of availability per month within the weekend days of Thursday to Sunday. On the 8 days provided you could be asked to to work ahead of time or on-call/day of. If you wish to provide more days outside the 8 provided you may do so with flexibility in saying no to shifts.
Attachment theory, trauma informed practice, crisis management, and life skills will be the foundations of your work with the youth. This position allows you to have extensive front line exposure and positively impact the lives of our most vulnerable youth.
Successful candidates will bring with them:
- Minimum: diploma in child and youth care, psychology, criminology, or related social services field
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience and an understanding of mental health, substance misuse, attachment and trauma informed practice
- MUST HAVE Class 5 License and reliable vehicle for use during your shift
- Standard First-Aid Level 1 with CPR
- Clear criminal record
- Strong rapport building/relational skills, that includes culturally competent and respectful interactions with youth, co-workers, and stake holders
- Ability to perform basic household duties: budgeting, grocery shops, meal preparation, cleaning and ability to teach basic life skills
- Versatility to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Conflict resolution and crisis management skills
- Effective time management, organizational skills, and computer skills
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Salary: $330.00 per day
- Do you have a reliable vehicle that you can use while on shift?
- Do you have a minimum of two years of directly related schooling?
- Do you have a minimum of two years of directly related experience?
- class 5 driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person