Requisition ID: 345461
Position Number: 20075707
Posting End Date: September 28, 2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Winnipeg Community
Department / Unit: T2 Transcona Access
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 09/29/2023 - 09/29/2024
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $20.993, $21.471, $21.949, $22.388, $22.839, $23.524
Under the general supervision of the Resource Coordinator, the Home Care Attendant acts as a member of the healthcare team, assisting with client care and providing basic supportive care in an independent manner as directed. The Home Care Attendant demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the WRHA and Home Care Program.
- Recent and related patient and/or client care experience preferred.
- Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Care Aide course required.
Should no qualified individuals apply, individuals without an HCA certificate or experience may be considered subject to successful completion of the WRHA Home Care Comprehensive Training Program. Successful applicants without an HCA Certificate who successfully complete this paid training program will be hired into the HCA1 classification at $19.123 per hour.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
- Knowledge of:
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional and Program policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledge in Aboriginal customs, traditions and values.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Position involves extensive physical activity such as lifting, bending.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens (i.e. residual smoke, pets and or/pet dander), physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- Will include travel between clients with unpredictable driving conditions or potential inclement weather.
- May encounter home environments that could have congested spaces, uneven surfaces (both inside and outside the home environment).
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.