We are looking for a Full Time Term (until June 21, 2024) Family Coach for the Collaborative Practice Program at McMan in Medicine Hat.
As our Family Coach you will…
· Work with families to develop goals that are reflective of their specific needs and implement intervention strategies to assists them in achieving the goals. Track and report on progress and outcomes.
· Conduct thorough needs assessments, provide education, intervention, and support to families.
· Carry a full caseload and ensure all case notes and reporting is accurate and timelines are met.
· Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of intervention strategies and skill building resources.
· Deliver services using a strengths-based, person-centered approach to assist families.
· Willing to work a flexible schedule. Typical schedule is Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm but will vary for evenings and possibly weekends based on the needs of the program and participants.
· Either work from the Medicine Hat office or a hybrid of office and remote working. However, if working remotely, the Family Coach must be able to travel daily within Medicine Hat and surrounding rural areas to be accessible to in-home family meetings.
This exciting position starts as soon as we find the right person!
Some of the Benefits at McMan are…
· A great team and ongoing paid training.
· Rewarding work helping youth and families in Medicine Hat and surrounding areas
· Hourly wage range $24.45 to $28.61 based on education and experience.
· Group Benefits: an extensive group benefits package, Employee & Family Assistance Program, and paid time off allowances.
We are hoping you will bring…
· Degree/Diploma in human services or related field and a member in good standing with the applicable professional association. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
· Minimum one year of experience working in homes coaching and supporting parents/guardians, children, and youth as a family unit.
· Excellent communication, assessment, organizational and computer skills as well as a strong knowledge of community resources.
· Acute attention to accuracy and detail in writing case notes and reports.
· Current Standard First Aid CPR Level C Certificate or CSA Standard Z1210-17 Intermediate First Aid Certificate
· Clear Child Intervention Record Check, dated within the past six months
· Clear Police Information Check with vulnerable sector, dated within past six months.
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract, and use of reliable vehicle with $2M Third Party Liability insurance.
If you’re looking to make a difference, make it with McMan!
To apply please upload your cover letter and resume to Indeed by clicking here before September 24, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $24.45-$28.61 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have in-home support experience?
- Please describe your education qualifications.
- Can you confirm that you have had a Class 5 Driver's License for at least 3 years, and that your 3-year non-commercial Driver's Abstract will have less than six (6) demerits?
- Standard First Aid CPR Level C Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-24