Position Title: Youth Coordinator
Reports To: Health & Wellness Manager
Department: Health & Wellness
Position Type: Full time
Hours of Work: 35 Hours (Monday 8:30 am – Friday 4:30 pm)
Start Date: Remains Open, till position has been filled.
Based in Prince George and Tsay Keh Dene. The main requirement of this job is to support High-risk youth through providing activities, referrals, and interventions. Setting up workshops and educational activities that encourage overall wellbeing and fostering the emotional, physical, and social needs of the youth. The Youth Coordinator is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for youth to interact with their peers at a facility or another agreed upon site approved by the Director of Health & Wellness. Will build positive and respectful relationships with children, parents, caregivers, and co-workers and foster a warm and caring environment for children, parents, guests, and caregivers. Will treat all visit participants with an unbiased respect, professionalism, and dignity.
· Time Management
· Accountability and Dependability
· Decision Making and Good Judgment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ethics and Integrity
· Cultural competency and inclusivity
· Strong problem solving skills
· Responsible for guidance and support to children and youth.
· Engage youth to direct and promote wellbeing.
· Increase and promote cultural healing, wellness and health through family and community support.
· Arrange and facilitate case conferences that include at risk youth in conjunction with the family support Manager and Director of Health & Wellness.
· Plan, participate and coordinate cultural, recreational, and social programming for the youth to promote success and wellbeing in collaboration with other departments as required.
· Connect youth to community supports.
· Facilitate and support the youth to engage in community activities that promote wellness and overall health
· Participate in team meetings and training as per policies and procedures; or Participate in program evaluation
· Assist with restorative justice programs involving youth crimes in the community
· Initiating, facilitating and coordination of client’s services including external community service organizations and advocating on behalf of the youth to ensure the receipt of appropriate and timely services
· Ensuring the Family Services Manager is consulted and updated on all youth activities and concerns
· Close collaboration and regular check-ins with the manager to ensure successful completion of projects.
· Preparing accurate, thorough, and timely recording of case information, including case notes, modules, reports, youth case histories, correspondence and legal forms, as required by the Manager, Family Services and Director of Health & Wellness
· Planning, facilitating and implementing Youth Camps, in collaboration with other departments, outside agencies as required.
· Assist with events in Tsay Keh, as required with other Health & Wellness staff
· Willingness to travel to Tsay Keh Dene every second week
· Schedule flexibility is required, as events may extend beyond regular work hours including lunch or after hours.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor/Diploma in an appropriate discipline (Child and youth, social work, First Nations studies, other relevant education/training)
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License
· Conflict resolution and de-escalation training
· Ability to work in a high stress, high paced environment and interact with individuals who have experienced trauma
· Familiar with Jordan's Principle
· First Aid Level 1
· Food Safe
· Able to operate computers and software
Knowledge Skill and abilities
· Team Building skills
· Experience working with Indigenous communities
· Some knowledge of Tsay Keh Dene Language and Culture.
· Knowledge of needs of TKDN youth
· Effective Leadership skills
· Able to respond effectively in crisis situations
· Constant interaction with public, other employees and management
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Work both indoors and outdoor environment.
· Exposure to cold and heat
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-07-21