September 20, 2023
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Ongoing Position Description
Provincial Benchmark: Level 5
Ongoing Position Effective: As soon as possible
Location: Nipawin or Melfort with remote work opportunities
FTE: 1.0 (37.5 hours per week)
Immediate Supervisor: Information Technology Analyst
Closing Date: October 4, 2023 at NOON
Ongoing Position Summary:
Under the supervision of the Information Technology Analyst, this position is an integral member of Information
Technology team, and is focused on providing reliable network services to staff, clients, and students. This position will support college hardware, software, network, and various equipment throughout the College. The position will provide necessary documentation and training to users and provides input into the college technology plans and initiatives and assists in the effective and efficient implementation of them.
1. Service and Technical Support
- Provides on demand, first line response and resolves emergency issues by providing support and problem resolution for technology related failures or operational deficiencies. This includes outside of normal working hours when down time is experienced and may require visits to the office.
- Coordinate, track and maintain ownership of escalated service incidents to the appropriate technical escalation teams. Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams.
- Track all requests through to completion and update appropriate knowledgebase and tracking systems.
- Communicate expectations to IT clients throughout support engagements.
- Troubleshoot, test, repair, and install programs and equipment as required.
- Ensure a quality resolution to service issues and maintain end-user satisfaction.
- Maintain and update computers/compute devices, software, and external peripherals.
- Identifying opportunities for end-user training. Assist in staff/Instructor training sessions 1:1 or as a small group.
- Develop and maintain training materials for common requests on applicable college intranet sites. This may take the form of specific training materials like FAQ’s, ‘how-to’ and ‘step-by-step’ functional walkthroughs.
- Encourage and promote staff to adhere to College Computer Usage policies.
- Assist in the development of adequate controls and reporting processes to meet operational and service requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and training to system users.
2. Technology Infrastructure
- Provides input to and assists with projects maintaining appropriate reporting during and at the close of assigned projects.
- Scan the computer industry environment looking for more efficient and effective ways of supporting the organization
- Prepare statistical reports for management representing repairs and maintenance on College computers and equipment.
Page 1 of 2
3. Inventory Control
- Maintains inventories for computer hardware/software, test equipment and spare parts.
- Physically move computers and related equipment as required.
4. Additional Duties
- This position will be required to travel within the geographical area, with few overnight stays necessary.
- Responsible for the management of data in major systems and most efficient utilization of data for internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Skills:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a relevant post-secondary certificate from a recognized institution, specifically related to information technology and or computer systems.
- The minimum amount of practical, related experience required to perform the duties of this position is a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar and relevant environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining computer records.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and organizing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in research and analyzing system or equipment enhancements and commitment to continuous learning and remaining current with technology.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft network environment computer applications, communications technologies, spreadsheets, word processors, internet usage, and other applications.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrated personal responsibility for the performance necessary to achieve individual and / or team goals and objectives.
- Ability to research information and opportunities, make decisive decisions, and use deliberate strategies to influence, persuade or inspire others.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability and willingness to perform position duties remotely. This includes having a dedicated workspace with reliable and sufficient internet connection along with the ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to access files remotely.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the tools and technologies that support working from home.
Systematic Conditions of Employment:
The employment commencement and termination dates and actual assigned days and percentage of time (FTE) are subject to change. The College may withdraw this posting if it is unable to maintain its funding.
1. Official documentation of qualifications must be submitted.
2. Official documentation of experience must be submitted.
3. An updated resume must be submitted.
4. All external applicants must submit a satisfactory Criminal Record Check subsequent to job offer.
*Please include a contact phone number that you can be reached at, after the posting closes.
Page 2 of 2
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.71-$34.16 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nipawin, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- IT support: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-04
Expected start date: 2023-10-04