Armtec is one of Canada’s largest manufacturers of drainage and highway construction products in steel and high-density polyethylene. We play a vital role in infrastructure and construction projects in the public and private sectors. We have offices, manufacturing plants and distribution centers across Canada. Armtec is a member of the WGI Westman Group of companies, a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies who values safety, health, community, relationships, growth and fiscal responsibility.
Armtec has the following career opportunity in Ontario:
Regional Sales Manager
Reporting to the Sales Director – Central Canada & International, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will enhance the market presence for the Stormwater Solutions technical sales and business development in Ontario. S/he develops and maintains long-term relationships with established customers in the region. The RSE uses an entrepreneurial mindset along with technical knowledge to develop market strategies and project solutions. The role involves building strong, effective customer relationships with new, existing, and potential customers.
Role and Responsibilities
· Continually expands customer account base by establishing consultative selling relationships and making effective presentations to create opportunities.
· Present information to large groups
· Assist in the preparation of quotations for large projects or complex applications
· Promotion, sales and servicing of Company products to all potential and existing clients
· Achieve sales targets and objectives by maintaining good coverage of territory
· Identify and solicit potential clients and distributors
· Create and deliver sales presentations to a variety of client groups, including consultants and engineers
· Increases margin dollar figure and percentages while maintaining or growing market share for Company products
· Manages client inquiries, maintains and strengthen client relations with a hands-on approach.
· Consult with clients to resolve product and service-related complaints and claims
· Work in close contact with the sales team, marketing and other key contacts, to ensure the suitability of Armtec products for specific applications
· Support and function in a collaborative team fashion with vendors, sales representatives, estimators and CSRs
· Regularly updates the Sales Director – Central Canada & International on market activities (success and challenges)
· Onsite technical support for clients and to the design and construction communities
· Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
· Provide input for new product development
· Follows and enforces Company Safe Work Practices
· Performs all other work activities as assigned and required.
· 5 or more years sales or estimating experience; preferably in product manufacturing or technically related field.
· Broad technical background or strong technical aptitude.
· Advanced computer skills (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, WERPs, Internet/Intranet).
· Advanced communication and listening skills; both oral and written, to communicate and present clearly and persuasively. Able to attentively and actively listen and has patience to ask data-gathering questions to ensure understanding congruence.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, which involves the ability to effectively interact with persons at all levels of the organization and for team-building purposes is required.
· Efficient, reliable with attention to detail, to resolve functional challenges.
· Solid organizational, and time and priority management skills are needed to organize and plan workload priorities on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
· A self-starter including initiative and self-confidence for leadership and self-motivation purposes; with limited direction.
· Demonstrated consultative selling process
· Effective selling with minimum errors and/or omissions.
· Ability to excel as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· A positive attitude where you are excited to take on new challenges with a "can-do" approach to business.
· Willingness and ability for frequent, overnight, interprovincial travel.
· Engineering degree from a college or university;
· P. Eng designation or eligible to obtain
· Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Competitive base salary and commission plan
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Company vehicle
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
Combine your talent and ambition to our team!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By submitting your application, you agree to the following:
The information contained on this application is accurate, complete and up-to-date to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentation may disqualify me from employment or because for my dismissal. If hired, I agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the Company, including serving an initial probationary period. I provide my consent for this information to be used and/or disclosed in accordance with the Company Privacy Code.
WGI Westman Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and section process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $59,068.37-$128,750.04 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person