WhiteWater makes products, but we are a service business at our heart, which means we are a people business. In this way, we excel and create value for our clients by listening to their needs, collaborating to develop solutions, problem-solving and attending to the details. Our culture, as you would expect, reflects these traits. We are a diverse group of experts, from creative designers to talented engineers. Whatever expertise we bring from all over the world, we listen and learn from each other because we are aligned with a clearly understood purpose. Together, we create fun for families globally. Are you interested in starting an exciting career with WhiteWater? Apply today!
Whitewater's Mechatronics department is looking for a candidate to join our Engineering - Mechatronics department in Richmond in the following role:
Position : Electrical Controls Engineer, Intermediate
Shift : Full time, 40 hours a week
Department : Engineering - Mechatronics
Location : Richmond, BC, Canada
Reports to : Lead, Mechatronics Engineering
The Electrical Controls Technologist designs automated control systems for complex amusement rides. This includes PLC programming, system coordination, and ride effects. This is a key role that ensures new rides attain a technical design advantage that meets the high-quality standards set forth by the company.
Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and HMIs for automated ride systems
- System design of ride control systems: facility requirements; risk analysis & resulting safety level design to ISO 13849; sensor and controls selection; system level electrical schematics; electrical panel specifications; ride program logic and validation tools such as SISTEMA.
- Conformance of designs to Company standards and to the appropriate electrical codes (CSA, UL, etc.).
- Travel internationally to perform ride installation support, ride commissioning, customer training, and customer service.
- Create technical operations documentation for installed systems including FAT & SAT procedures, functional and technical specifications, and user manuals.
- Prototype and test new electrical and PLC designs.
- Generate, maintain, and rework existing part definitions, assemblies, and drawings to conform to current company systems & standards.
- Maintain and follow best practices in Engineering, Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Mechatronic systems is ideal.
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar position.
- EGBC registered or eligibility to register with EGBC
- Working level familiarity with Siemens industrial automation equipment (TIAPortal and G series VFDs)
- Fundamental understanding of IEC 61131-3 programming languages (Ladder, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text)
- Experience with industrial network design and implementation including PROFINET, PROFIsafe, Ethernet/IP, Modbus.
- Experience defending design with international 3rd party regulators would be an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for electrical drawings.
- Experience with industrial controls system troubleshooting (Software, Hardware, Networking, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to travel globally on short-term basis for periods up to 2+ weeks at a time.
- Must be able to travel globally without restrictions.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to work in a team or matrix environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Customer service focus including a professional and diplomatic attitude working with people at all levels within an organization.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment.
- Adept at problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Organized and pro-active with administrative tasks.
- Flexible individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize a changing workload.
- Hands-on, role-up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to get the job done attitude.
- Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset for international travel.
Accountability – We do what we say
- Collaboration – We work well together
- Customer Focus – We know and respond to our customers
- Communication – We listen to and understand each other
- Authenticity – We are honest and trust each other
- Resilience – We deal effectively with pressure, are persistent and optimistic
- Flexibility & Adaptability – We are willing and able to respond to changing circumstances
WhiteWater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of all employees and applicants and are strongly committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We thank all the candidates who take the time and energy to apply. Given the volume of applications, it makes responding personally to each applicant difficult, but please know we are grateful for your interest. We look forward to connecting with you through this search or future ones. All the best in your job search.