Engineering Manager is responsible for direction and management of the engineering and associated project activities of the organization. Provides technical guidance and ensures sound engineering procedures, effective use of facilities and maintains organizational standards. Leads engineering team in design, development, production launch, and maintenance and approves costs for engineering department.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Will work in a production capacity as required by project/staffing levels.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Manager is responsible for Food Safety and Quality – Follow company Quality Systems and implement Food Safety in the design and planning of projects for site development and operational improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, civil, agricultural, electrical, or chemical engineering required
- At least 10 years of experience, in plant operations, maintenance and safety is required.
- Proficiency with applicable computer software packages including AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Knowledge of design codes and government regulations affecting the industry including NFPA 36, NFPA 61, OSHA andEPA is preferred.
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and interest with strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and planning capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering presentations and proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Requirement to maintain all aspects of the quality and food/feed safety system such as QMS, HACCP, GMP and other BNA systems.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled