MTE Consultants Inc. has provided engineering consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we are working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
This role will focus on managing engineering projects in an industrial setting including processing changes, HVAC upgrades, electrical upgrades, civil and structural improvements and other similar projects at existing production facilities. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has sound general engineering skills with experience in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering projects combined with a proven track record of quality design and project work. However, if the individual has differing engineering skills and proven record of engineering project management this position will be suitable as well.
The Project Manager reports directly to a Senior Manager and senior management at the facility with extensive experience in the Industrial setting and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
- Residing full time on site at our client’s facility (Coburg and Port Hope area), you are recognized as the technical subject matter expert and the key point of contact for the consultant, plant engineering group and external contractors;
- Responsible to plan and oversee all assigned projects for technical accuracy and timely completion, often involving multiple disciplines, technical complexity, high project value, and multiple trades;
- Participates in project planning and project management meetings and provides improvement recommendations to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met;
- Reviews and signs off on complex engineering reports and standards;
- Utilizes the company’s project management system and tools to ensure all project planning and administration is up to date, monitored and tracked;
- Assesses design constructability and develops design specification for complex designs, calculations and cost estimates;
- Assists project team in facilitation and resolution of technical issues, non-conformances, as necessary;
- Monitor, schedule and budget performance of the manufacturing scope and liaise with department managers to address and resolve issues;
- Provides input regarding changes/improvements processes, including but not limited to material handling, equipment transport, improvement workplace safety, conveyors and chemical processing equipment.
- Provide instruction and guidance to contractors;
- Proactively recognize issues, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on major issues within the plant;
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met. Notify the appropriate departments if milestones cannot be met;
- Other related duties as assigned
- 4-year Mechanical or Electrical or Civil Engineering degree, ideally working towards or currently has a professional designation (P.Eng);
- 4-6 years engineering or design or project management experience, ideally in a consulting engineering environment;
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering processes;
- Understanding of HVAC and electrical systems, material handling and chemical processing equipment;
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations;
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Blue Beam, skill in AutoCAD is a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management, multi tasking and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to details and safety concerns;
- Ability to communicate technical material;
- Skilled in the application of tools and methodologies used for product and service delivery;
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies;
- Training and/or certifications in Project Management is an asset;
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas;
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base;
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams;
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment
- Candidates with chemical and/or nuclear industry experience preferred;
MTE Consultants Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Shared Ownership in Our Employee Owned Company
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Technical Development and Career Opportunities
- Social and Supportive Culture; and much more!
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Agencies, please.
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Engineering: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person