Are you looking for a secondary career opportunity that fits around your current schedule? Are you looking for flexibility, with the opportunity to work anywhere from a few hours a week up to fifteen hours per week (more hours may be available based on schedule/capacity)? Are you interested in supporting children with exceptional abilities, providing high quality care and acting as a role model?
Catholic Social Services is currently seeking casual (replacement) Children’s Outreach Workers in Lloydminster. Typical hours include after school, evenings, and weekends and are flexible around the children and families' schedules.
The focus of the Children’s Outreach Program is to provide supports to families and children with disabilities. Important aspects of this position are to provide one-to-one support for children with disabilities, parental support, and to assist with family empowerment. Skill building and recreational activities are also important components of this satisfying position. The successful candidates must have the ability to work independently with children with a variety of disabilities as well as be part of a team.
Please note, as our programs operate 24 hours per day, shift work is required and will include weekends.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
- Must be registered under the Health Care Act if education is related (including but not limited to):
- Registered Social Workers
- Registered Nurses
- Masters-Level Psychology
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities is considered an asset
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Clear and Current Drivers Abstract
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
- Proof of Vehicle Registration for insured vehicle
- Valid First Aid and CPR is considered an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check from local RCMP or city police detachment
- Child Intervention Record Check
What We Offer:
- The compensation for this position is $17.32 to $18.37 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth Opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
About Catholic Social Services:
CSS is an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
- Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
- Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
How to Apply:
Please apply online, quoting the competition number 3581 to www.cssalberta.ca
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, and people of faith or no faith.