CancerCare Manitoba is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. Our shared vision of a world free of cancer drives every member of our team. CancerCare Manitoba is the perfect place to thrive if you're seeking a fulfilling career in an organization that is committed to its employees' well-being and professional development.
Competition # 208-23-7144001
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Work Location: MacCharles
Department: Systemic Therapy Program
Hiring Status: Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: days/modified days/evenings/weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $25.873, $26.259, $26.879, $27.481, $28.043, $28.614
Reporting to the Senior Pharmacist – Operations and under the general supervision of the Pharmacist, the successful candidate will perform final checks before a drug is dispensed, dispense pharmacist approved drugs, measure, compound, package and distribute drugs and medications according to CCMB policies and procedures. The majority of compounding will be intravenous admixtures requiring knowledge and skill in aseptic technique. The successful candidate will also participate in the proper documentation and distribution of narcotic and controlled substances, ensure that record keeping is performed, and maintain adequate drug inventory and maintenance of ward stock supplies for nursing units. As well, successful candidate will precept and train Pharmacy Technicians -in training, and other Pharmacy staff who perform the above tasks. Note: Pharmacy Technicians work with hazardous drugs (oral and parenteral); Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training are provided. Primary working hours are Monday to Friday day shifts.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent (Manitoba standards)
- Successful completion of
- A CCAP Accredited Pharmacy Technician course, or
- The program prescribed by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba for candidates who successfully complete a non-CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM)
- Consideration will be given to those who will be registered with CPhM within 3 months of starting employment
- Ability to maintain Pharmacy Programs technician competency assessments
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous work experience with IV admixtures and sterile compounding
- Demonstrated competency in pharmaceutical calculations
- Experience training and supervising staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel – keyboarding, data entry, email and internet use
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Satisfactory employment record
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
Will be assessed during the interview process:
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the English language
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and independence in planning work to meet demanding schedules
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with other individuals
- Maintains confidentiality in all patient related matters
- Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology membership
- Previous work experience with sterile compounding
- Previous experience in an institutional pharmacy
- Experience with general office procedures
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed and current resume, plus a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above qualifications and the above competition number.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all that apply and advise that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.