The Montreal West Island IUHSSC is currently looking for Health and Social Services Aides (ASSS) to fill permanent full-time, rotation day/evening positions. These home support positions require travel throughout the West Island and are based at the Lac-St-Louis CLSC in Pointe-Claire.
As an ASSS, you will be working with people who are losing their autonomy due to aging in order to assist them in their daily lives and contribute to their maintenance at home.
As part of his/her duties, the ASSS :
- Travels to living environments (homes) to accompany and support the user and his/her family in daily living or domestic life activities;
- Promotes user integration and socialization during individual and community activities;
- Ensures hygiene, well-being, comfort and satisfaction of the user's general needs;
- Installs certain devices or provides more specific care for which he/she has been trained;
- May be called upon to prepare meals or to do housework;
- Informs the team members of his/her observations on the needs of the client and his/her family;
- In collaboration with the other caregivers, helps identifying user's needs and participates in the service or intervention plan’s development and implementation.
Work schedule: Day - 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Evening - 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
NB: The selected candidate will be required to work one (1) weekend out of three.