Experience career growth by joining a renowned employer. Aplin has formed a partnership with a Halifax-based organization to recruit a skilled QA Manager. This opportunity is available to candidates Canada-wide and entails relocating to Amherst, NS, and assuming the role of leading quality-focused teams in a production-oriented and unionized setting. Reporting to the Director of Quality, your primary responsibility will be to ensure adherence to the company's Quality Policy, contractual obligations, and relevant regulations and standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Document Control Teams.
- Help production and supporting departments on quality-based issues and corrective actions.
- Establish and sustain the divisional Quality Management System and associated processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight and effectiveness of the following Quality functions and activities:
- Internal Audit Program.
- Non-conformance reporting and control of non-conforming products.
- Root cause & corrective action processes.
- Technical reviews of potential new work packages to ensure process compliance.
- Maintain customer special process approvals.
- Management of the Approved Vendor List and supplier quality.
- Material Review Boards and customer rejections.
- AS9100, NADCAP certifications, and customer quality audits.
- Carry out reviews of new contracts and specifications, identifying quality requirements, and ensuring process and procedure correlation to meet requirements.
- Monitor and audit company Training, Qualification, and Authorization Systems and records to ensure the integrity and compliance of all products.
- Manage relationships with customers with respect to quality audits, quality notices, and other internal non-conformances to resolve manufacturing issues and ensure compliance.
- Actively participate in new product introduction, compliance, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development and validity of Personnel Training Plans and Records.
- Implement change management with teams (e.g., Methods or Manufacturing engineering) to ensure that all products are manufactured by customer and/or regulation requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and lead through to implementation.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and relevant education in manufacturing Quality Management Systems.
- 3-5 years of management experience in a progressive Manufacturing Engineering environment with a minimum of 3 years of direct experience in the Quality Engineering, Quality Control, or Quality Assurance field.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 or AS9100D mandatory and experience with NADCAP Certification or ASQ designation considered an asset.
- Lead auditor certification required from BSI Group or equivalent.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management and Risk assessment skills.
- Strong knowledge of Lean/ JIT Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma processes would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Aerospace Industry.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com