MACGILLIVRAY GUEST HOME
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the LPN practices within the scope of their professional license. The LPN provides professional nursing care to residents in keeping with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. The mission, vision and values of the Home provide the direction for the provision of nursing services.
1. Accepts responsibility for decisions made and for achieving the expectations of the LPN role in the organization.
2. Communicates effectively with residents, coworkers, managers, families and volunteers.
3. Displays attitudes in work performance that are in keeping with the mission statement and are resident focused.
4. Works cooperatively and respectfully with others to further the values and mission of the organization.
5. Participates in continuous quality improvement by seeking ways to improve resident care and service delivery.
6. Demonstrates ability to adapt to change by taking responsibility for self learning, receptive to new ideas and willingness to try new methods and approaches.
7. Demonstrates respect and caring by accepting others values and opinions, displaying compassion and empathy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of others.
Grade 12 or equivalent
LPN Diploma from an approved college
Registration with College Nurses
Approved Pharmacology Course
Current BCLS Certificate (annual update)
Good general health which allows for the ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the position.
Excellent rapport with elderly people
Must have a good attendance record
Good personal hygiene
Personal police record check clearance and negative Vulnerable Sector Check
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Ability to cope with change and fluctuating work demands
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, family, staff and other members of the health care team
Organized and able to set priorities in a constantly changing work environment
Knowledgeable of and implements the mission and values of the Home in the delivery of resident care
Knowledgeable of departmental policies and procedures
Practices and promotes occupational health and safety
Knowledgeable of Protection of Persons in Care legislation
Continuing Education Responsibilities:
Attends in-services and educational and training sessions for self development
Attends compulsory CPR, fire safety and WHMIS training as required
Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.18-$31.32 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Must follow all guidelines set out by the Department of Long Term Care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
- LPN/RPN (required)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person