0.5 FTE Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
0.5 FTE ELL
Probationary - August 17, 2023 - June 27, 2024
Location Division Office
Start Date August 17, 2023
Closing Date June 19, 2023
Requirements: (include major/minor, language requirements, etc.)
- Degree in Education, 5 years of experience working in Educational setting.
- Social work or psychology background is an asset.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following background, philosophy, and experience:
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-racism and community organizations to support this work.
- Knowledge of leadership and practices, partnership principles, and collaboration practices.
- Knowledge of program development and project management techniques.
- Understanding of Alberta Programs of Study, of supports available to students and families at the school, division and community level.
- Understanding of Division policies and procedures.
- Advance problem solving, assessment and analytical skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to facilitate difficult conversations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport which creates trust in working relationships and maintaining positive relationships.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to relate to a varied audience.
- Ability to work with people of a variety of backgrounds, cultures and sectors and develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong time management , planning and organizational skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support Division wide implementation of the Diversity, Equity , Inclusion and Anti-racism Strategic Plan.
- Develop a streamlined approach to ELL intake processes.
- Support schools with staff capacity building of ELL strategies .
- Coordinate, Lead and support whole school approaches to building capacity in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism education.
- support engagement of stakeholders to advance progress of the Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership in the Division in building capacity with Restorative Practices.
- Co-facilitate and lead the “We Belong” Advisory Committee.
Resumes and other relevant documents will be accepted by clicking on the “APPLY” tab for the specific posting on the Job Connect and follow the application instructions. THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD TO RECEIVE APPLICATIONS.
If you have any questions regarding this posting you may email [email protected].
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record/vulnerable sector check which will be reviewed to ensure suitability of the candidate for the position.
FMPSD may contact past and present employers for references. All FMPSD employees are expected to be computer literate; this includes fluency with e-mail, internet, MS Office, Google mail, docs and sheets.
Only those applications submitted and received by 4 pm on the closing date will be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-29