Athabasca Tribal Council
Athabasca Tribal Council serves five First Nations communities by providing innovative programs and services that enrich the well-being, health, and prosperity of children and families. ATC is committed to ensuring the protection of Indigenous rights, Treaty Rights, and Traditional Territories. In collaboration with our various departments and five Nations, we provide multi-service delivery to support a thriving, healthy, and self-reliant future for Cree and Dene people.
The position required for location: Fort McMurray Main office
Athabasca Tribal Council is seeking a self-motivated, professional individual who has a strong commitment to working with children and families to ensure they reach their full potential.
Perks of Working for ATC
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity for Professional Development
- Company events
- Community engagement and volunteering opportunities
- Provide delegated case management duties, including intake, assessment, and permanency as per the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
- Work collaboratively with communities and families in the creation of safety plans and permanency plans for children
- Attend court and meet all legislative requirements
- Recording of online data entry in a timely fashion
- Provide after-hours or on-call response if required
- Participate in team meetings and community events
- Bachelor of Social Work or related degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Social Work Diploma or related diploma with a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Currently delegated or the ability to be delegated in the province of Alberta
- Clear Intervention Check, Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable sector and Driver’s Abstract
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and ability to travel
- Must be willing to take necessary ongoing mandatory training related to the position.
- Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset
- Athabasca Tribal Council offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
Other titles for this role: Caseworker, Social Worker
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently delegated or the able to be delegated in the province of Alberta?
- Do you have experience working with Indigenous Organizations and/or Communities?
- Do you hold a Degree or Diploma in Social Work?
- social work: 2 years (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person