Atlantic Road Construction & Paving is a large heavy civil construction company specializing in heavy civil excavation and flatworks, pipeline placement, concrete placement and asphalt paving. We are currently looking to hire a Civil Engineer or CET to join our growing team in the HRM area. Reporting to the Project Management Team, this position is responsible for overseeing the full scope of construction activities for assigned projects; ensuring work is completed safely, within schedule and budget in association with the Senior Project Manager and General Superintendent in a manner consistent with company values, policies and procedures.
- 7-10 years experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Reliable, punctual & organized.
- Excellent interpersonal supervisory skills and attributes.
- Able to follow verbal instructions, effectively manage many tasks and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Can effectively communicate with managers, colleagues, vendors, suppliers etc.
- Poses a positive attitude & be able to solve problems effectively.
- Able to read blueprints and lay out a project to gain maximum production & quality.
- Ability to type and use Microsoft based computer software (Word, Excel).
- Completed education in Civil Engineering or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project requirements to determine and organize work, equipment and human resource requirements. Manage the coordination of all the site equipment, labour, and materials as well as program in time deliveries of material with Operations Manager.
- Assist with Mentoring Junior Project Managers and Project Coordinators resolve construction problems and improve construction method to minimize delays, maximize efficiency, and ensure a smoothly run project.
- Direct and oversee construction projects conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Maintain engagement and motivation with subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Consult with supervisory and engineering personnel to resolve construction problems and improve construction method to minimize delays, maximize efficiency, and ensure a smoothly run project.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Attend coordination and production meetings to develop activities and amend possible problems related to jobsites.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvements by identifying new practices that will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the project and company.
- Coordinate inspections, tests, and implementation/compliance with QA/QC Plan.
- Review and RFIs and provide input on change orders.
- Maintain close contact with clients and their representatives to ensure their total satisfaction.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the schedule requirements.
- Competitive compensation based on previous experience.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- RRSP Matching
- Company vehicle