This is an on-site position for our office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from the employer.
Hi. We are Cygna Labs, a leading vendor of DDI and Security and Compliance Solutions worldwide. Large corporations use our products to manage networks, detect security threats, and pass compliance audits.
We are expanding our Quality Assurance department for our Security and Compliance team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and are seeking a hands-on expert ready to help our development teams produce reliable software tools.
You will be an expert with low-level knowledge of Active Directory, computer networks, attention to detail, and a keen eye for edge cases. The ones that make developers say, "But it works on my machine."
You will work closely with our development and support teams to reproduce any identified issues and help the teams fulfill customer needs. At Cygna Labs, we work cooperatively, leveraging the knowledge and skills of all team members to help the company grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform manual testing for our Security and Compliance products
- Develop test plans and reports
- Communicate effectively with other team members to provide information about issues or potential problem areas
- Participate in meetings regarding product development
- Coordinate completion of tasks with other company resources
- At least five years of hands-on software testing experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory and low-level attributes
- Ability to configure and maintain testing labs, including domain controllers, web servers, and Microsoft SQL Server instances
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral
Other skills that are useful to us:
- Automated test development
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Software testing: 4 years (preferred)
- Active Directory: 4 years (preferred)
- Network management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person