WESTPRO MACHINERY is an innovative and established Canadian company providing processing technology solutions around the world for 37 years. Westpro designs and manufactures mineral processing equipment for any scale project and is renowned for its robust construction, reliability and high performance.
The Westpro Team provides full equipment services and support including installation, commissioning, retrofits and spare parts. Westpro’s commitment to excellence has established it as an industry leader with the latest technology, competitive pricing, quickest delivery and unmatched service.
For a complete list of our products and services, please visit www.westpromachinery.com
Westpro currently has an exciting opportunity for an ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to join our team at our office in Vancouver, BC.
- Participate in the designing, manufacturing, testing and commissioning of mineral processing equipment
- Complete detailed designs of electrical industrial power panels and PLC panels that meet project requirements and adhere to internal and industrial standards
- Create electrical schematics, termination diagrams, cable schedules, load lists, BOMs, I/O schedules, P&ID diagrams and other project documentation as required
- Complete electrical engineering calculations for design, sizing, and component selections
- Complete detailed specifications and control narratives for components and equipment
- Complete programming of ladder logic with Allen-Bradley, Schneider and Siemens software
- Work with the supply chain team to help with sourcing and procurement
- Create work instructions, inspection test plans and factory acceptance test plans
- Work with the production teams to provide support and guidance throughout the build process
- Set the electrical and control parameters for instruments, transmitters, starters, VFDs, and PIDs
- Provide in-person support for internal testing and on-site commissioning as required
- Perform internal quality check to audit the panels, wiring, and labelling
- Implement new electrical designs that incorporate standard modules across various product lines
Education and Certifications:
- Professional Engineer Designation (P. Eng) an asset
- Electrical Engineering Degree required
Experience and Skills:
- 5 years experience in design of industrial electrical panels and equipment
- Experience commissioning, troubleshooting, and configuring industrial power and control equipment
- Experience with mineral processing, mining and/or heavy machinery
- Knowledge and experience with electrical codes and standards
- Knowledge of PLC Ladder Logic
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel for inspections during the manufacturing process, internal testing, and on-site support and commissioning.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly by sending resume to Human Resources @ Westpro Machinery . com with the subject heading “Electrical Design Engineer”.
We thank all applicants for their interest however we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical engineering: 5 years (preferred)
- Mineral Processing Equipment design: 5 years (preferred)
- PLC Ladder Logic: 5 years (preferred)
- commissioning industrial power and control equipment: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person