Senior Structural Engineer - EDM01HR
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Employment Type: Direct Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
Job Posting: Nov 28, 2023
Unposting Date: Dec 28, 2023
Reporting Manager Title: Department Manager - Civil /Structural/Architectural
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Senior Lead Structural Engineer
Perform Structural engineering work on Oil and Gas Projects from front-end through to detailed design of greenfield and brownfield facilities
- Perform structural engineering design, including preparation and checking of engineering calculations and design sketches for buildings, structural steel, piling and concrete foundations
- Coordinate with and gather information from other disciplines, with knowledge of the impact of other discipline design data on structural design
- Prepare structural MTOs, scope of work documents and other engineering deliverables
- Prepare/review specifications and reports
- Coordinate with, supervise, guide and mentor designers and/or engineers
- Manage resource hours and schedule
- Project Management and Customer liaison
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with experience in Facilities and Operating Plants
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Registered as P. Eng with APEGA
- Experience in civil earthworks and architectural building design
- Strong knowledge of CSA S16, CSA A23.3 and Alberta Building Code (ABC)
- Proficient with structural analysis software STAAD-PRO
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with an aptitude for problem solving, the ability to work independently or as a member of a team. You must bring strong and effective leadership skills to this role
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.