Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Arcadis is growing our business in Atlantic Canada!
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team and you will report to the Regional Manager. Individuals with Professional Engineer, Geoscientist and/or Certified Engineering Technologist designation in Nova Scotia with direct experience on Contaminated Sites, Remediation Projects and Site Monitoring are preferred. The Senior Project Manager is a hybrid opportunity, travel and in-office work as needed
The Senior Project Manager will join a growing office and team to provide project management, technical support, and leadership. The Senior Project Manager will support, mentor intermediate and junior staff with a focus on health and safety, team collaboration, high quality work, innovation, efficiency, and focused client relationship.
Direct experience with the use and comparison of municipal bylaws; provincial contaminated sites guidelines, protocols, and act; Atlantic RBCA for Impacted Sites Version 4; federal environmental guidelines, and acts; along with industry best practices is preferred.
- Adhere and support corporate policy and procedures
- Maintain and support quality, health and safety, and performance management systems
- Health and safety of the project team along with Visible Felt Leadership at all times
- Manage and mentor staff
- Provide technical expertise in support of ongoing business pursuits and environmental projects in various sectors including ; oil and gas; mining; power; infrastructure; brownfields and industrial re-development and government
- Manage and direct technical tasks and field programs for contaminated site investigations, feasibility studies, remediation design and implementation, hydrogeological studies, monitoring programs
- Project management on small; large and complex environmental projects including, development and management of scope, schedule, budget, technical resources, project risks evaluation and mitigation, and procurement as well as technical advice, report preparation and senior review
- Responsible for ensuring that site/client project management (non-technical) objectives are defined and met (i.e. scope, schedule, cost)
- Prepare, and review reports, work plans, specifications, and proposals; manage technical budgets and provide oversight of intermediate and junior staff work for regulatory compliance and technical accuracy, QA/QC
- Support practice area planning and goal setting, working with other senior level staff across Canada and in the US to provide integrated services for current and prospective clients, and actively participate in local, national, and international collaborative opportunities
- Assist in business development
- Maintain positive and long-term professional working relationships with client contacts, contractors, engineering consultants, and external agencies
- Contribute to ongoing technical knowledge and innovation initiatives within Arcadis
- Knowledge and experience in environmental compliance and associated guidelines/legislation for provincial and federal requirements including CCME.
- Direct experience working at contaminated sites such as; industrial facilities, refineries/bulk plants/gas stations, military properties, commercial processing plants, federal government properties, airports, mines, power plants, wind farms and solar facilities
- Knowledge and experience working for clients in industrial, development, and federal and provincial government sectors
- A proven ability to design and implement field programs; analyze data, write reports, provide quality control and assurance and present results to Clients
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications
- Excellence in communication and collaboration skills that facilitate detailed planning, timely decision-making, and efficient implementation
- Keen understanding and experience in working within a Behavior Based Safety System including development and use of Job Safety Analyses and performance of Job Observations
- Valid driver’s license required
- Willing to travel to project sites and meetings as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of direct experience with respect to Contaminated Sites and Site Remediation preferred
- Engineering, Geoscience, Technologists with a focus on Site Investigations, Remediation, Risk Management and Environmental Monitoring
- Registered with either Geoscientists Nova Scotia, Engineers Nova Scotia or TECHNova
- Others without P.Eng, P.Geo., CET Nova Scotia designation but with five plus years of direct Project Management experience on Contaminated Sites, Site Remediation and Monitoring Projects are welcomed to apply and will be considered
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.