We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to continue the development of a heating control system for our diesel fired heaters for use in recreational vehicles and boats. The control system uses CAN communication, can connect to the Android or iPhone App through a WiFi module. The control system can also be programmed remotely through WiFi. The control system is currently being beta tested and needs to be brought to market after going through EMC testing and certification. Besides the continued development of the new control system and implementation of innovative features to advance our products, we need an Electrical engineer to support our existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design electronic microcontroller circuits.
- Embedded C programming and firmware development.
- Develop schematic circuit diagrams and design PCB layouts.
- Test and troubleshoot embedded microcontroller and general electronic circuit boards.
- Create electronics design related documents and resources.
- Read electronic devices’ datasheets and manuals and verify their compatibility to the design.
- Development of Android and iPhone Apps
- Support existing control systems by finding alternate components for obsolete parts.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in firmware design using C
- 5 – 10 years of experience with Orcad for schematic and PCB layouts
- 2 – 5 years of experience developing Apps for Android and iPhone
- Experience with Microchip and Atmel microcontrollers
- Experience implementing CAN communication protocol
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Circuit design: 5 years (preferred)
- Firmware: 5 years (preferred)
- Android and iPhone App design: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person