Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Reporting to the Manager of Medical Imaging, the incumbent provides clinical and technical support to Physicians, with remote support of a Radiologist, by performing routine, emergency and specialized radiological procedures (General Radiography, Fluoroscopy and Computed Tomography). Performs venipuncture, contrast media injections and special procedures as required. Sets up, operates, and troubleshoots portable and stationary imaging equipment; produces and transmits digital images to Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) for Radiologist/Physician interpretation. Provides emergency callback services. Supports the on-going quality assurance program and preventative maintenance testing of equipment; training and evaluating Medical Radiological Technologists; completes administrative/clerical and other related duties.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in operating and troubleshooting CT and X-ray equipment;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in producing CT and X-ray images (techniques and protocols);
- Knowledge of sterile technique and infection control practices;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Venipuncture;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in contrast media administration including contraindications, reactions and side effects;
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology;
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy;
- Knowledge of radiation physics;
- Knowledge of Radiation, Health and Safety Regulations;
- Knowledge of computerized Hospital and Radiology Information Systems;
- Knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS);
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition;
- Ability to be innovative (adjust equipment and/or patient and modify procedures);
- Ability to perform post processing and QA of radiological images;
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload schedule variances and resolve work related problems;
- Ability to keep current with technology changes and aid in implementation of accepted change;
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Reliability, self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision;
The successful candidate should have certification from an accredited Medical Radiation Technology program; current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) with Radiological Technologist designation (MRT(R)); current certification in CPR and experience in operating and maintaining imaging equipment. Knowledge of the following would be considered an asset for this position; CT Imaging Certificate (CTIC) or be enrolled in program with completion deadline within (2) two years of hire; certification in Venipuncture for Contrast Media Injections or completion within sixty days of hire; one to two years experience in Contrast Media administration; Bachelor of Radiation Science or Bachelor of Technology degree in Medical Imaging.
- Yukon Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Generous vacation time
- Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
TO APPLY: quote competition #2023-548 and email your resume 4:00pm October 11, 2023 to [email protected]
For more information, contact recruitment at [email protected]
Visit whitehorse.ca and yukon.ca for more information on Whitehorse and living in the Yukon!
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at [email protected] or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: September 27, 2023