NOW HIRING SUPPORT WORKERS (all shifts) FOR THE COMMUNITY HOUSING PROGRAM IN PENTICTON
The John Howard Society helps those in need and is working to make our communities better and safer places for everyone.
They are opening a new group home in Penticton for individuals with neurodevelopmental disabilities and complex behavioral issues. They are seeking Support Workers to fill all shifts in this 24/7 environment. Full-time, Part-time and Casual positions are available.
Support Workers assist clients with activities of daily living including attending appointments, budgeting, shopping, participating in recreational activities, cooking and meal planning, etc. The Support Worker will provide home-based and community based support.
- Supporting clients in participating in programs, performing daily living activities, and setting and working towards goals,
- Recognizing, analyzing, and responding to escalating and emergency situations,
- Co-facilitating group activities,
- Transporting clients,
- Maintaining records, and
- Assisting with case management
- Medication monitoring
The ideal candidates have:
- Education in a social service field
- 1+ years of recent and related experience with all the associated knowledge and skills
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Fair and appropriate boundaries
- Critical thinking skills and ability to practice case management for complex populations
Our future hires must:
- Be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search
- Have proof of COVID-19 immunization
- Satisfactory driver’s abstract, and a current valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- First-Aid with CPR.
Available Work Schedules:
Full-Time 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday with shifts from 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and an overnight shift from 11pm-7am which is a paid sleep shift.
Part-Time Saturday-Sunday 12-hour shifts which will be from 7-7 both day and night shift(s).
Casual, hours will depend on needs.
As a Support Worker with John Howard, you can empower and assist clients to achieve their physical, emotional, social, and personal goals enhancing their quality of life and independence. If helping others is your passion and purpose, John Howard is a place where you can make a difference every single day. Come work with John Howard by applying online here.
LoveHR is pleased to be assisting John Howard with their hiring and thanks all candidates for their interest. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $21.53 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Penticton, BC V2A 5E1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- social work: 1 year (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person