Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: In-Store Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
Location: 2348 Lawtons Continuing Care
Postal Code: B3B 0M6
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
SNPG currently has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Pharmacy Manager – Continuing Care to join our new consolidated Long Term Care/Central Fill Pharmacy located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
This site is a consolidation of Long Term Care and Central Fill services. Reporting to the Facility Manager – LTC/CF, the Pharmacy Manager – Continuing Care will support the strategic direction and vision for the Long Term Care (LTC) portion of the site. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the LTC pharmacy team to provide superior customer service and patient experiences, as well as ensuring contracted continuing care pharmacy services are attained. As the Pharmacy Manager – Continuing Care, you will participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues within the Pharmacy to provide excellence in health and wellness services to all patients. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Providing support and direction to Consultant Pharmacists in their roles supporting nursing homes
- Provide education and support to nursing homes through transitions (example nursing home starting eMAR)
- Professional judgement, decision making and commitment to a successful pharmacy team
- Creating a coaching and development culture for all pharmacy teammates
- Overseeing succession planning, orientation and training and performance management
- Communicating operational requirements/changes and vision to pharmacy teammates
- Maintaining relationships with nursing homes we provide service to
- Staffing the pharmacy through effective and flexible scheduling
- Maintaining and implementing Occupational Health & Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures
- Ensuring efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Managing pharmacy expenses, review, and provide feedback to Facility Manager on expenses, sales, and profitability to identify opportunities within the pharmacy
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants and Registered Technicians
- Initiating care plans, follow up, and completing related documentation
- Collecting relevant patient, drug, and disease information
- Identifying actual and potential drug related problems
- Working with other health care team members at nursing homes to manage patient’s medications (including prescribing)
- Completing in depth medication reconciliations for new admissions to nursing homes
- Providing superior service and exceeding patient expectations
- Acknowledging patient and caregivers concerns promptly and professionally with warmth, empathy, and compassion
- Role modeling, coaching, and reinforcing service expectations
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Authorization to Administer Injections
- Management experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
What we have to offer:
- A competitive total compensation package that will vary by role and location
- Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Location: 2348 Lawtons Continuing Care, Dartmouth, NSLocation: 2348 Lawtons Continuing Care, Dartmouth, NS
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you a registered Pharmacist in Nova Scotia?
- Are you injection certified?
Work Location: In person