Requisition ID: 345218
Position Number: 20067125
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Churchill Health Centre
Work Location: Churchill Health Centre
Department / Unit: Nursing Unit Churchill
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 11.50
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $20.090, $20.694, $21.314, $21.952, $22.612, $23.291, $23.990
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, the Health Care Aide position is responsible for aiding the patients and residents at the Churchill Regional Health Authority with everyday activities.
- Previous Health Care Aide experience an asset.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Willingness to complete a Health Care Aide training program.
- Current CPR Certification required and updated annual.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and able to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read/write Cree or Dene an asset.
- Possible heavy lifting at times.
- Possible posture and muscle problems.
- Possible contact with clients with aggressive behavior.
- Other demands as it pertains to position.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.