Busy Family Medicine Clinic in Southwest Edmonton, Magrath Medical Clinic, is looking to hire a expereinced Medical Office Assistant, to join our team. This is for an immediate postion for a temporary 5-month period. This is to cover a Maternity Leave Postition and could potentially turn into an employment opportunity, at a later date.
Our team is looking for a hard working, reliable professional who is able to multitask and provide pleasant patient care. Work experience and computer EMR knowledge is preferred but not essential. Applicants must be available to work Monday to Thursday 7:45am to 4:30pm and Fridays 7:45am to 12:30pm.
Typical MOA duties would include:
- greeting and rooming patients
- preparing, cleaning and stocking exam rooms
- scheduling and managing patient appointments
- managing incoming and outgoing faxes
- scanning and linking patient documents into charts
- responsible for providing administrative support to physicians, nurses and patients
- communicating messages to patients and physicians
Requirements for this position:
- minimum 2 years administrative experience in an office setting, medical clinic preferred
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills on the telephone and in person
- strong computer and typing skills
- works well independently and with others in a team environment
- ability to multitask
- familiarity with AVA EMR or any Medical EMR, would be an assest
- MOA diploma
- knowledge of medical terminology
Interested Applicants may apply by email only. Please note, applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank you for expressing your interest in this postition. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: From $20.50 per hour
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-21