Work NO weekends and NO holidays!
Are you an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist, motivated by a job well done, and committed to excellence, quality, and patient wellness? Our client offers a full-time, 40 hours per week, salaried position with extended health care and insurance benefits; as well as career growth, increased responsibility for special exam assessments, and professional development opportunities!
Position: Registered Occupational Therapist Non-Union
Status: Full-time 40 hours per week
Hours: 8 am to 4:00 pm M- F
Site: Cambridge (Industrial Setting)
Salary: from $38-$45* per hour *experience related
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assessment (physical, cognitive and mental health) and treatment provision for employees to assist with improving their health and well being as well as assisting with maximizing function to assist employees with staying at work or a timely return to work.
- Conducting workplace assessments and job demands analysis – both physical and cognitive/behavioural.
- Providing recommendations on accommodations for return to work and stay at work planning and assisting a person with their recovery.
- Collaborating with other healthcare team members on employee health, safety and wellness programs, education, and inquiries;
- Hand Therapy related tasks including splinting, wrist supports, hand guards for on-line use; upper extremity assessment and treatment recommendations;
- Contacting internal and external health care providers, when necessary, to set up and ascertain relevant medical or functional ability information to facilitate an employee’s accommodation;
- Completion of Functional Abilities Evaluations (FAE), work hardening programs to facilitate recovery and return to work, as needed;
- Completion of cognitive assessments.
- Completion of psychoemotional assessments.
- Completion of process/job review for suitability in preparation for accommodation, return to work plans and/or modified work.
- Job Suitability Reviews for TMs with accommodations transferring to new jobs as per the transfer process.
- Data entry into electronic charting systems as per professional standards; and
- Liaise with other departments, ex. Health and Safety related to occupational health related accommodations.
What’s in it for you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Registered, and in good standing, with the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario;
- Experience with the treatment of repetitive strain injuries to the hands, arms, shoulders and back, and concussion is an asset;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Comprehensive compensation package, which includes paid vacation, sick and personal days;
- Excellent benefits package, which includes extended health, dental and vision care coverages;
- Collaborative and supportive work environment;
- Education allowance; and
- Professional development/career advancement opportunities.
#Occupationaltherapist #industrial #fulltime #permanent #OT