Cultivate your Career
As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert among the best places to live in Canada.
Our Community Services Department is seeking to hire a Social Investment Coordinator who will report to the Manager, FCSS Supports and is responsible for collaborating with the social services sector, to help ensure St. Albert residents have the preventive social services they require. This position will be required to build capacity in the social sector, manage grant funding in accordance with FCSS Provincial Regulations as well as manage the outcome evaluation process to ensure commitments are met.
The position will work closely with staff and a multitude of community stakeholders and community partners. The individual we seek must be able to balance multiple priorities and build collaborative relationships and effective partnerships while ensuring that requirements are met for funding streams.
- Degree in Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 5 years related work experience in the areas of Community Development, non-for-profit organizations, and outcome evaluation.
- Experience in community engagement, FCSS philosophy, programs and knowledge of community and program development principles.
- Experience in grant administration, research, report writing, and outcome measurement processes is an asset.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Applicants must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for business use are required.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and facilitate and build relationships.
- Certification in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is preferred.
- The role requires an individual with well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Hours of Work
This position works a compressed schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly. The core hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks, but there will be a requirement for weekend and evening hours.
$79,053 - $97,296 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Please upload a cover letter and a resume when applying for this opportunity. These will need to be uploaded as two separate documents.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.
Please note that the City conducts most interviews via video conference and will provide a link and instructions to applicants selected for an interview.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.