Nurse - Sask Hospital North Battleford - HEA001634
Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more
Location(s): SK-North West-North Battleford
Ministry: 073 Corrections Policing and Public Safety
Salary Range: $43.210-$52.570 Hourly
Salary Supplement: included in hourly salary range (in-scope)
The Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety has a 2-year term Nursing Opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RPN) who is a self-confident positive role model to work at Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford with Female offenders. The successful candidate will work flexible hours, anticipated to be 15-20 hours per week, however, this may be subject to change.
We are looking for an exceptional nurse who can:
- respond to medical/psychiatric emergencies with appropriate interventions;
- assess medical and mental conditions;
- actively promote preventative health measures;
- maintain accurate patient records; and
- make referrals as required.
To be successful in this role, you must be actively registered or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses Saskatchewan (CRNS) or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) and possess knowledge and relevant work experience in:
- medical and psychiatric theories and related intervention strategies;
- drug/alcohol withdrawal indicators and effects;
- communicable diseases;
- public health issues and risk factors;
- various multi-cultural beliefs, values and perspectives; and
- valid BLS with Health Care Provider Certification
Working part-time with us is an excellent way to maintain a healthy work and life balance as the hours of work are based on your availability and the availability needs within the center.
- Note: This position is now open to both male and female candidates.
This is a reposting. Applicants who have applied previously, need not reapply.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: C - SGEU Regulated 37.33 - one day off every three weeks
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check, including a vulnerable sector query, as a condition of employment
Number of Openings: 3
Closing Date: Dec 1, 2023, 11:59:00 PM