We are currently only hiring staff that has received the Covid-19 vaccination.
A Residence Worker (RW) is responsible for assisting adults with diverse abilities to lead a full and integrated life within our community. Our residential homes are staffed on a 24-hour per day, seven days per week basis and are designed to help individuals and groups of individuals with daily living. An RW working in this setting is responsible for ensuring the physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs of all residents are met. Tasks may include life skills training, meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care, budget management, and following/implementing personal care plans. Most importantly, an RW assists our residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living.
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- Must hold a valid class 5 (or better) driver's license – drivers abstract required;
- Related experience working with adults with diverse abilities is considered an asset;
- Basic computer skills and physical ability to carry out the duties as required;
- First Aid (Level 1)
- Criminal record check (will be performed by NEXUS upon hire)
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Paid training
- Excellent benefits
- Municipal Pension Plan
- The opportunity to positively impact the lives of the persons we support
NEXUS Community Support Society operates both union and non-union worksites. All wages are paid in accordance with the Community Living Services Collective Agreement.
NEXUS is committed to supporting employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with diverse abilities, visible minorities, women, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and others who may contribute to diversity at NEXUS.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we are committed to increasing Indigenous representation throughout our organization and encourage applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Metis or Inuit when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.05-$28.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC V2C 1W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person