P. Machibroda Engineering Ltd. is interested in you! We are a Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering consulting firm based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. If you are looking to join a family orientated company that takes care of its people, then this is the job for you.
As a Materials Technician, key responsibilities in this role will include the following:
1. Follow all safe work practices and procedures while performing both field and laboratory tests. Typical duties would include density testing in the field, concrete testing (field testing, cylinder preparation and strength testing), and various laboratory analyses of soils (proctors, sieves, limits, hydrometers, CBR's, moisture contents and unit weights);
2. Perform testing procedures in accordance with CCIL specifications, where applicable.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Civil Technologist or Technician diploma or a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience would be considered an asset but not a requirement;
2. Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
3. Valid Class 5 Driver's License with a clean abstract;
4. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
5. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
PMEL is committed to providing a Total Rewards package including industry-competitive wages, group benefits and retirement savings plans as well as an opportunity to participate in a company profit-sharing plan.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person