If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team—people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
The Metallurgist is responsible for all metallurgical performance of the mill operating process.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervision along with outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of the plant operation and maintaining of equipment
- Monitoring plant performance, identifying sources of variability and making recommendations for improvement
- Conceptualize and execute bench and plant met test work to support mill improvement initiatives
- Analyze process data to make recommendations for plant improvement
- Possess the capabilities to manage projects through all aspects of experimental design, engineering, forecasting, funding, construction, and commissioning
- Perform routine mill liner inspections during maintenance shutdowns
- Coordinate with mine planners and mill maintenance/operations to compile short/mid-range/long term milling forecasts
- Compile required process production reports and provide details of variances
- Be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance and analysis to stakeholders
- Understand strategic business planning and propose process improvement to maximize cash flow.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Process-related degree required
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in gold metallurgical and processing analysis, hands-on practical application, and process optimization with 1- 3 years of mill operations experience preferred
- Ability to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance, and problem resolution from an operating plan status required
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- Proven interpersonal, effective communication and organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Integrity focus and a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Barrick welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.