Are you looking to expand your nursing experience, see something different, and experience a different way of life at the same time?
Bayshore Northern Staffing is proud to provide exciting nursing assignments in isolated, semi-isolated and remote areas of northern Canada! All our locations in Nunavut are remote/isolated, which means you would get the full benefit of having a fly in-fly out of the community experience, and the opportunity to travel for free!
This is an amazing learning opportunity with unlimited potential for professional and personal growth, and a unique way to experience an exciting diverse role as a nurse in all scopes of practice while enjoying an adventure at the same time!
The successful candidate must have two (2) full-time equivalent years of experience (3000 hours), and they will provide high-quality community health relief support and exceptional nursing care to clients residing in the Nunavut Indigenous Communities. The experienced Northern Nurse must adhere to the policies and procedures under the direction of the Government of Nunavut.
We have exciting opportunities for Public Health Nurse (PHN) positions in Nunavut:
Public Health Nurse (PHN): PHNs provide planned interactions within the community for clients/patients and groups to support them in specific health programs, such as: maternal child health programming, reproductive health, prenatal classes, communicable disease prevention, and chronic disease management.
Average assignment durations vary from 4 to 6 weeks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with physicians/Nurse Practitioners and the Health Center Supervisor of Health Programs, the Northern Public Health Nurse will work within their scope of practice providing healthcare services to pediatric, adolescent, and adult clients/patients for specific health programs, such as: maternal child health programming, reproductive health, prenatal classes, communicable disease prevention, and chronic disease management.
- Apply the nursing process utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, treatment, and health teaching according to the established care plan. The interdisciplinary team will ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients/patients are met to the greatest possible extent within the clinician’s scope of practice.
- Strong assessment skills and proven ability to effectively communicate to clients/patients and family is required along with exceptional interpersonal skills, and an ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures such as:
- maintains confidentiality of client/patient and corporate information
- infection prevention practices
- continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties.
- Other duties as assigned.