IDS (formerly North Shore ConneXions Society) is a leading provider of services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are recognized as one of the most innovative and responsive companies in the field of education for our efforts to keep education at the center of our operations. IDS (formerly North Shore ConneXions Society) is currently seeking a Full-Time Residential Care Workers for the North Vancouver, BC area.
As a Residential Care Worker, you will provide assistance for all activities of daily living and personal care services in the home to create a safe and healthy environment for our clients. Your primary responsibility is to provide daily caregiving activities in the home to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our clients.
What we offer:
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Certificate in a healthcare-related field (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Valid Class 5 or 4 driver's license with suitable abstract and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check according to local laws.
- Minimum of six months of relevant experience in a similar environment
- Experience with challenging behaviors, mental health concerns, and delivery of personal care
- Knowledge of Diabetes, Dementia, special diets, and mechanical lifts will be required.
- Criminal record check, valid First Aid, Medical Approval, TB Clearance, satisfactory Reference Checks, 2 COVID-19 vaccines (PHO)
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Residential Care Worker provides a comfortable home environment in which individuals with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to live active and fulfilling lives.
- Provide companionship and basic care to clients including: bathing, dressing, eating, drinking and using the bathroom
- Supports individuals to become participate in all areas of daily living.
- Assist clients with physical therapy goals
- Must have an adequate knowledge on how to prepare people for bed including light housekeeping duties like laundry, meal preparation, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and respect privacy of individuals entrusted to you
- Excellent physical condition, must be able to lift 50 lbs., walk, stand, bend, kneel, push, pull , climb and be able to see well throughout the day
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to assist them with their daily activities
- Works as part of a team to ensure that individuals achieve personally meaningful goals for independence, community access, and skill development.
- General administration, report writing, record keeping, and accountability of funds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.05-$28.75 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BC Class 5 or 4 License (required)
Work Location: In person