Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) is seeking experienced registered nurses to join nursing teams in First Nations communities in Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
As an integral part of the team, you will carry out a full scope of practice and provide a broad range of services unique to northern nursing with ISC. You will work alongside a talented team of nurses, other health professionals, and community members dedicated to delivering quality care in a culturally safe way.
Nurses in Charge are responsible for promoting positive relationships within the interdisciplinary clinical team and community, coordinating and supervising care delivery, providing clinical guidance and supporting management and administration of the clinic and health centre. You will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the nursing station or health centre while providing culturally safe and quality patient care.
- Two years of independent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (in the last five years) in one or more of the following areas: Community Health; Primary Care; Urgent or Emergency Care; and/or Acute or Intensive Care.
- Experience as program or project leader in delivery of health services.
- Remote and/or isolated First Nations communities in northern Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
- Travel/outpost nursing rotations may vary and will include a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Opportunities for part-time, full-time and casual.
- $84,187 - $98,114 pensionable annual base salary (plus applicable allowances)
- $105,986 - $142,040 (per annum inclusive of applicable allowances)
As of September 2022, ISC’s nursing recruitment and retention allowances significantly increased. As an ISC nurse, you could be eligible to receive:
- Up to $6,750 for the initial recruitment allowance provided one-month after employment
- Up to $9,750 provided after twelve months of employment
- Up to $16,500 annually as a retention allowance starting at year 2
- Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $84,187.00-$98,114.00 per year
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed