Foremost Industrieshas an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer, located at our facility in Calgary, Alberta. As part of the team, you will be involved in the implementation and improvement of manufacturing processes and systems, as well as optimizing processes to ensure efficient production, reduced waste, and improved quality. You will be working with our product design and production teams to ensure that parts are manufacturable, cost-effective, and meet quality standards.
- Design parts for manufacturing
- Help to select appropriate manufacturing equipment, tools, and technologies for production processes
- Identify opportunities for automation and technologies to streamline manufacturing processes
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives to enhance productivity, reduce costs, and increase quality
- Work closely with the engineering, production, quality, and service teams to improve designs and ensure information is provided on demand.
- Keep hydraulic schematics, torque/lube sheets, and hose lists up to date
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Professional Engineering Technologist or Graduate of an accredited university program.
- Bachelors Degree of an accredited university program required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/industrial plant required
- Creo (ProE)/Solid Works and AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electronics is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Foremost is a large and diverse mobile equipment manufacturer. We specialize in heavy duty equipment for mining, construction and water well markets. With a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 500 employees across Alberta and a unique depth of expertise, Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more valuable and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- What is your experience with industrial hydraulics?
- mechanical and structural design for manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- Creo(ProE) / Solid Works and AutoCAD: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person