Community Support Worker- Duncan, British Columbia.
Permanent & Temporary: Full-time, Part-Time, Casual positions.
Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Overnights, 24hr Live-in
At Integra, the individuals we support come first and we want to make sure they are getting the best support. We are known for creating endless possibilities for personal growth, work-life balance, and working with awesome people from different backgrounds.
As a Community Support Worker, the perks are numerous; the pay is competitive, the benefits are great and there are opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Most importantly, you will be working for a company that embraces life and dreams while celebrating our community.
· Wages range from $23.00 to $26.00 for regular shifts, or $462 per diem for 24hr live-in shifts, depending on site and experience
· Comprehensive benefits package for permanent positions over 20 hours per week
· May be eligible to participate in Municipal Pension Plan
· Family and team-oriented activities throughout the year including BBQs and special events
· Training, education, and advancement opportunities
A day in the life of a Community Support Worker: Support individuals with tasks, such as maintaining personal care, taking them out into the community, completing household chores, and making meals. Enable the Individuals we support to increase their independence and give them a sense of achievement. Meet with participants to determine their needs and help improve their quality of life.
What you can expect as a Community Support Worker:
· Understanding of, and willingness to commit to person-centered thinking through agency values, mission, and vision
· Ensuring the rights and choices of the individuals we support are respected
· Interacting and building relationships with the individuals we support
· Participate and engage individuals in community inclusion activities
· Follow protocols, policies, and procedures
· Promote positive behavioral intervention strategies
· Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
· Recognize potential crisis/emergency situations, analyze the situation accurately, and develop strategies to deal with the situation
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position including personal care, light housekeeping, daily food preparation, and medication administration
· Stay calm and focused in stressful situations
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Emergency First Aid with CPR Level C certification from the Canadian Red Cross
· TB Test
· Criminal Record Check clearance from the BC Criminal Records Review Program
· Proof of Covid Vaccination
· Valid Class 5 BC Licence
· Graduation from a recognized related program such as the Community Support Worker Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience preferred.
· Experience with FASD, ADHD, OCD, autism spectrum, aggressive, challenging, and self-harming behaviour considered an asset.
· Experience in a medical setting with G/J-tube and/or trach care knowledge an asset.
· Experience supporting individuals with complex medical needs is an asset.
· Class 4 BC Drivers Licence considered an asset.
Work Location: In person
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual, Part-time
Salary: $24.00-$28.75 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
We follow Island Health, CLBC, and the BC Centre for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure the safety of the Individuals and Staff. Check out our website https://integrasupportservices.com/covid-19/ for more information on Integra.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Duncan, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- are you willing to do 12-hr shifts?
- Secondary School (required)
- Child and Youth Support Work: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person