Do you like working with children?
Do you enjoy volunteering in Lloydminster?
Would you like to be a part of a program that assists newcomer children settle in our community?
If you said yes to these questions, then we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for YOU!
Catholic Social Service's Lloydminster Office is currently looking for two Volunteer Settlement Worker in Schools (SWIS) Program Assistants.
The ideal candidate would be available to volunteer 2-4 hours per week on a long-term basis.
What you can expect:
- Create a fun and positive rapport with registered attendees for events & school break activity camps
- Assist in monitoring/supporting attendees during breaks and recreational activities
- Assist the Settlement Worker in Schools with leading attendees on excursions/activities
- Experience working with children
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim & lift
- High level of responsibility and accountability
- Upbeat, engaging personality
- Creating new relationships by increasing social connections
- Meaningful recognition
- Reference letters upon completion of 25 hours or more
If you are interested in this unique volunteer placement, please start your application today!