Are you compassionate in providing quality care to patients?
Do you want to make an impact and are passionate about teamwork?
If you are, we want to hear from you!
Who we are and what we do:
West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients recover by providing inpatient, outpatient, and outreach services in specialized rehabilitation and complex care after a life-altering illness, disease, or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and musculoskeletal trauma.
This year is an exciting year for West Park as our 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors. This transformation enables the Centre to evolve its rehabilitative programs and strengthen links to community-based services to meet the future healthcare needs of our local community and the province. West Park is embarking on two major capital projects to bring together specialized rehabilitative, complex continuing, primary and long-term care and independent living opportunities.
What must you have?
- MSc. (Occupational Therapy) or equivalent
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy and/or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists preferred
- Must be able to achieve 80% in the Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification exam within the probationary period and on recertification exams if applying to work on any of the following rehabilitation units: 3EA (Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation), 3EB (Amputee Rehabilitation), 3EC (Neurological Rehabilitation), 2EB (TB Rehabilitation) and 2WF (Respiratory Rehabilitation)
- Assistive Devices Program Authorizer status for Wheelchairs & Mobility Devices preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience
- 2 years’ experience in relevant clinical field preferred
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
The skills we want
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed and effectively problem-solve
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and within an inter-professional team
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to demonstrate a customer service philosophy
- Ability to function in a consult model, as appropriate
- Assess and treat patients based on regulatory requirements.
- Provide education, training, and counseling to patients, families/caregivers, and inter-professional team members.
- Participate in discharge planning, liaising with community partners/stakeholders, as appropriate
- Participate in inter-professional rounds
- Complete timely and thorough clinical documentation
- Complete clinical workload
- Provide supervision to rehabilitation assistants in the delivery of occupational therapy services
- To provide occupational therapy coverage throughout the Centre on an as-needed basis, as appropriate
- To provide on-call services for weekend supervision of rehabilitation assistants on a rotational basis
- Pursue continuous professional development, which includes active participation in O.T. Professional Standards & Issues Committee, attendance in relevant in-service educational programs.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to participate in service planning and development of advances in practice, as appropriate.
- Ability to participate in team and/or Centre-wide committees, as appropriate.
- Ability to participate as required in revenue generating services of the Centre.
- Ability to participate in clinical evaluation of equipment, clinical protocols, as appropriate.
- Ability to participate in student education (e.g. student preceptorship, labs, tutorials)
Please Note: All West Park Healthcare Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M6M 2J5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a memberin good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario?
- Master's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person