MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Project Manager
for our client – a multi-disciplined, self-performing General Contractor. For over a decade, our client has executed a range of large scale EPC/design-build and construction solution projects withing the industrial, infrastructure, and institutional sectors across Western Canada and are known for their versatility and expertise.
The successful Project Manager will join a high performing team and contribute their experience to successfully execute projects from Victoria, BC to Kugluktuk, NU. Projects include water-related infrastructure (pump stations, wastewater treatment plants, etc.), ports & terminals, defence and military buildings, correctional and law enforcement buildings, and even remote arctic projects among others.
If you’re a driven and accountable project management professional looking for a role that offers a plethora of project variety with a reputable, robust company known for their dedication to integrity, quality, and promoting from within, this is one role you don’t want to miss!
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing safety standards and quality assurance controls.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers and superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety or quality violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owner, engineers and portfolio managers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout / turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role.
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs.
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken.
- Administers Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and the owner or owner’s rep.
- Review field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Keep management others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Periodic and relatively short-term travel will be required on out-of-town projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager
- Strong leadership, and team building skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with as many of the following types of projects as possible:
o Water related infrastructure (pump stations, reservoirs, water/wastewater treatment, etc)
o Ports & Terminals
o Power Generation
o Chemical Processing
- Strong analytical/computer skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com