Position : JDE Developer
Location: Markham, ON
Job Structure : Full-time permanent, hybrid work (3 days in office, 2 days work from home)
As a member of JD Edwards (JDE) Development team, the JDE Developer will be designing and developing applications on JDE. The job involved analysis, coding, debugging, and supporting the international instance of JDE Production and Non-Production environments.
This position requires a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. The JDE Developer will be working directly with the teams from other technologies, BAs, End Users, IT project leadership team to ensure the agreed timelines and the key business requirements are met and delivered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing/customizing JDE Enterprise One objects based on the legacy toolset (RDA, FDA, TDA, TC, C, BI Publisher) as well as the latest development technology (UDOs, Orchestration Studio).
- Troubleshooting issues and incidents, providing action plans and remediation steps
- Support Global JDE instance and work on multiple projects
Understand business requirements and be able to relate these to the supporting system requirements producing technical specifications and documentation
Develop and define standards and best practices
Code review and documentation
Lead and participate in technical projects
- Technical project planning, estimating, scope definition, and requirements planning
Effectively communicate technical information clearly to senior management
- Control scope, identify and manage project risks. Provide regular updates on task completions, issue resolution, system readiness and other metrics identified.
Apply working knowledge of the organization roles and relationships, as well as utilize available resources to resolve issues.
Education & Skill Requirements
- 8+ years' experience as a JDE Developer
Significant hands-on experience with Oracle JDE Development Tools upto version 9.2
- Oracle JDE Tools, Business Function Development (NER and C), Form Design Aid (FDA), Reports Design Aid (RDA), Table Design Aid (TDA), UDO's, and related JDE development process and methodologies.
Experience using JDE development tools (TDA,FDA,RDA,NER) to customize applications based on business needs
Experience with Orchestrations, Transformation, Upgrade and Retrofitting
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering
Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Oracle JDE Certifications as asset
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.