We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our team in our St. John’s office.
We are seeking individuals who are excited to participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative multidisciplinary design solutions with an emphasis on client satisfaction. More specifically, you will:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs and drawings for the full range of civil/municipal/marine/bridge infrastructure including water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, pump stations, stormwater management, roadway systems, marine and bridge infrastructure, etc.
- Support the day-to-day activities of projects from inception through engineering, construction and contract administration; and
- Prepare technical reports and opinions of probable cost.
- Carry out data collection activities including topographic survey and infrastructure investigations;
- Provide resident services on construction sites with the support of senior team members;
- Site observation and review;
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology preferred;
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of experience;
- Experience working in a consulting environment would be considered an asset;
- Thorough working ability with Civil 3D and AutoCAD software with above average drawing production capabilities, knowledge of Infraworks would be considered an asset;
- Ability to complete quantity take-offs;
- Develop engineering drawings packages in accordance with standards and best practices;
- Familiarity working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to effectively communicate and thrive in team environments;
- Proficient at multi-tasking and work diligently to meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Hold a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to job sites within Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Eager to learn and develop.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Employee ownership potential
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
In addition to the above benefits, we offer:
- Flexible hours and locations to support work/life balance, including hybrid or remote options;
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Mentoring opportunities to foster your personal and professional development;
- Access to training opportunities in areas ranging from technical development to leadership skills.
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.
CBCL operates from its twelve offices in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please let us know by emailing [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.