enCompass Solutions Group is changing the way industry in the Pacific Northwest looks at operational processes and success. We need your help as we continue to drive our business forward on the leading edge of industrial automation. Bring your great attitude, industrial-minded skill set and a desire for growth to build an amazing career with enCompass Solutions Group.
enCompass is seeking an experienced, innovative and strategic Electrical Engineer or Designer for our Port Coquitlam, BC location. enCompass Solutions Group services customers in a variety of markets, including Ports and Terminals, Industrial (Metals, Paper, Chemical, Mining), General Industry (Automotive, Manufacturing), Utility (Power Plants, Water and Wastewater), Marine, Oil and Gas, Mining, and others. Some of our customers operate in remote locations, so periodic travel may be required.
This individual will be a key member of the Engineering Team and will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks in industrial electrical design. The individual will utilize their existing skills and knowledge and grow their skillset performing design for power systems, grounding, lighting, control systems, etc.
Your contribution to the Team will include utilizing a variety of technical skills to design and implement various solutions. These solutions are integrated in a variety of ways and our involvement ranges from the design, implementation, installation and maintenance. Some of tasks performed in project delivery are as follows:
- Floor to ceiling electrical design of new industrial facilities
- Expansions and upgrades to existing facilities and plants
- Control system and automation projects
- Construction and commissioning supervision and management
- Long-term support and service
As part of the team you will also:
- Plan, organize, lead, participate in and execute multiple small and large projects involving internal and external labor and procurement of material
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of customer and supplier contractual commitments, ensuring projects are delivered in a safe manner and that our customer and business commitments are met or exceeded
- Ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and on budget.
- Support the Commercial team in identifying and quoting new opportunities
- Assist in the development of job cost estimates and attend critical customer meetings, as needed
- Actively participate in EHS and develop a thorough understanding of ESG’s EHS Policies and Procedures
- Conduct work activities in a compliant manner, adhering to the highest level of personal safety
- Develop and expand technical knowledge and expertise through continued, employer sponsored training and development
- Understand critical industry standards
- Utilize internal systems to complete all administrative duties in a timely manner, such as, but not limited to:
- Scheduling, timesheets, expense processing, fleet vehicle reporting, purchase order and/or requisition creation and processing, etc.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college, or a Technologist Diploma in a relevant area of practice
- Industrial electrical design experience
- Computer literacy with the adaptability to learn new software packages
- Experience with AutoCAD or other drafting software
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team
- Possess a valid driver's license
Why you should apply:
- Excellent compensation packages
- Medical, dental and other benefits
- Work with a variety of leading-edge technologies
- Progressive management and agile teams
- Company sponsored training and development
- Company sponsored events and team building activities
- A fairly decent coffee machine at the office?
Does this opportunity sound like it’s for you? If so, please send a personalized cover letter and resume to Bradley Ingram, Manager, Engineering & Controls via Indeed, complete with the subject line: Electrical Engineering Candidate
We know it takes time to apply and we really appreciate your interest in enCompass Solutions Group; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Good luck and we can’t wait to meet you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person