KidsAbility is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to over 60 years of proven community outreach and servicing of families across the Waterloo and Guelph Wellington Regions. With core values such as collaboration, respect, accountability, integrity, and inclusion, KidsAbility offers employees:
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Organizational transparency on missions, visions, and future development.
- Social Events and opportunities to give back to your community
- A supportive and caring work environment with a strong focus on client service and supporting staff to meet our mission critical work
The goal of School Based Rehabilitation Services (SBRS) OT is to provide support to children and youth to fully participate in school curriculum and school-based activities, in publicly funded schools. In consultation with the school team, the OT will provide assessment, goal setting and intervention to assist children and youth to attain their potential and maximize their participation in school and curriculum activities.
- Must have graduated from an accredited program in Occupational therapy and are registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Experience with children who have a variety of developmental, physical, and communicative disorders
- Excellent organizing, coordinating, and managing the program demands in a fast-paced environment
- High levels of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office and data entry
- Intensive on-boarding process with opportunity for formal P4C training and job shadowing available
- Demonstrated consultation and problem-solving skills. Partnering for Change (P4C) an asset
- Experience prescribing equipment through the Special Education Amount (SEA) program an asset
- Knowledge of Goldcare, Alayacare or other electronic charting software is an asset
- Experience specifically with school-aged clients is an asset
- Bilingual French English an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR an asset
- Travel is required for these roles. You must have access to a reliable vehicle with public liability/property damage coverage
We invite applications from those interested in this position to submit a letter of interest and resume by end of day September 21st, 2023, to:
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at KidsAbility. We are an organization that values, respects, and celebrates the diversity of all. We are committed to creating a more inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all staff. We encourage applications from visible minority groups, women, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. We also welcome applications from all people, without regard for religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information or any other ground protected by applicable law.
KidsAbility™ is committed to promoting accessible recruitment and strives to accommodate any applicant, including those with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources via email [email protected] for assistance.
Please note that all prospective KidsAbility employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment. We will make accommodations as directed by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10.5 months
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $38.13-$43.68 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-21
Expected start date: 2023-10-16