COVID-19 MANDATORY VACCINATION DIRECTIVE (PLEASE READ)
As an employer with a strong commitment to health and safety, the Town of Canmore will take every reasonable step to protect the health, safety, and welfare of its employees and others from the hazard of COVID-19. The Town has determined that it is necessary for the protection of its workplace to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for all its employees as a further control in mitigating the hazard of COVID-19. This new directive and related procedures outline the requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless unable to receive vaccination due to an accepted medical reason. Therefore, all prospective candidates may be respectfully asked to:
- Disclose vaccination status during the hiring process (in a respectful and confidential manner
- Provide documentation to support vaccination status prior to a job offer
- Participate in our rapid testing program and meet our vaccination deadlines for single-dose vaccine candidates
Why work for the Town of Canmore? For starters, you can take great pride in our organization, its positive work culture and our exceptional team of talented human service professionals who accomplish outstanding work each day for our community. You will have the opportunity to join a team that is professional, fun, dedicated and passionate about social development work, community wellness, and the endless opportunities to support culture and community in our mountain town.
Position Overview: The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating programs and providing support for programs offered through the Family Connection Centre. This position will work closely with Town of Canmore (TOC) departments and other stakeholders working with children, youth, and families in the Bow Valley. Providing client reception & information/referrals, taking the lead on organizing and leading community meetings, coordinating and facilitating programs, data entry coordination, event/workshop support, coordination and distribution of marketing materials, providing regular communication with community agencies, leading special projects and mentoring/supporting FCC Program Assistants. This is the ideal career opportunity for someone who is seeking to make meaningful and direct impact in the community using communication and relationship building with internal and external partners. Work may include weekday and evening shifts and occasional Saturday shifts.
Attributes: This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is:
- has strong administrative and data entry skills and experience
- has strong organizational skills with advanced proficiency working with technology
- warm and welcoming individual who takes initiative but can work successfully in an inclusive and cooperative team environment.
- a positive, effective communicator, who listens actively and can cultivate collaborative, effective relationships with a diversity of clients, internal and external stakeholders
- a creative problem solver and strategic thinker who thrives on managing a diverse portfolio of creative community based social development projects and programs
- has strong boundaries and understands the importance of client confidentiality
- has a genuine interest and experience within the human services field, developing and delivering programs for both adults, youth, and volunteers
- can tackle challenging and complex conversations, and provide support
This position is seeking an individual with post-secondary education and a minimum of 2 years experience in human services or a related field -required. A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and Intermediate First Aid and CPR are required. Additional training or courses in Community Development are considered an asset.
Term & Salary: This is a Full-Time (35 hours per week) permanent position. Hourly pay range for this role is $30.87 to $34.50 per hour.
Closing Date for Applications: This posting will remain open until September 24, 2023.
How to Apply:
- Why do you want to work with the Town of Canmore FCC as the Program Coordinator?
- What does community social development mean for you?
- What skills and experience can you bring to enhance our team and community programs?
Prior to beginning work, the successful candidate will be required to submit all required certifications and documentation, including driver`s abstract and records checks. The Town of Canmore wishes to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Town of Canmore is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, colour, race, gender, ancestry, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]