Simplot Canada (II) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company. The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This Simplot Grower Solutions role provides customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic products and consultative services. The role is led under the general direction of the Market Manager, who provides support and leadership to all Crop Advisors within specifically recognized agronomic geographies to achieve the Company’s financial goals and operational objectives.
- Help with any special projects as required
- Be familiar with and live the values that are defined by the Simplot Grower Solutions
- Continually develop leadership and business skills
- Be active and positive contributors to the communities that we serve
- Fill in for all roles when needed with appropriate skills and talents
- Support safety practices and initiatives as set by safety officer and ensure safe driving habits
- Maintain a tidy up workspace
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all team members, customers, suppliers, and community
- Simplot Grower Solutions relationship with customers is one of our primary differentiators. This position is critical to our customers and locations. We expect the highest level of professionalism and a level of customer knowledge that far surpasses our competition.
- Simplot Grower Solutions profitability comes from our ability to deliver products and services that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. We expect our Account Managers to lend a hand to operations team members to ensure the highest level of satisfaction for customers when the need is there.
- To properly manage an account takes our entire team. When the customer wins, the team wins, and when the team wins, the individual wins.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
Passionate about Agriculture and the future of Agriculture
- Minimum of 3 years of sales/agronomy related experience
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related field (e.g. Agronomy, Plant Science, Biological Science, Seed Science or Environmental Studies) or business is an asset
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Work location is flexible
- Daily travel, extended hours, and overnight travel within trade area is required
- Indoor and outdoor conditions
- Must be physically fit
- able to lift a minimum 50 lb boxes into the back of a pick-up truck
- able to climb on and off farm machinery
- able to walk and work in field plots
Job Requisition ID: 14606
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Location(s): SGS Retail - Leader
** Simplot Canada (II) Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected].