Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living is currently accepting applications for a Home Sharing Liaison. This is a regular full-time position.
This position is part of a team of liaisons that reports to the Director of Home Share. Responsibilities include monitoring and supporting home share placements for a caseload of approximately 24 individuals with developmental disabilities and their contracted caregivers. Monitoring may include health, finances, rights, decision making, quality of life, behavioral supports and other areas to ensure individual needs are met. Additionally, the position involves recruiting and screening prospective home share providers and facilitating the involvement of an individual and/or family in the selection of a new home share placement
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work (RSW eligibility preferred), or a degree in a human or social service field and one-year recent related experience is required for this position.
· Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with a team.
· Knowledge of standards and best practices in Home Sharing.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products in a Windows 10 environment.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Problem solving/conflict resolution skills.
· Knowledge of Community Living British Columbia, community resources, and other professionals in the field.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to be on-call along with the ability to respond to emergencies after hours.
The successful candidate must have, or be willing to obtain, the following:
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or exemption
- Class V Driver’s License, suitable driver’s abstract, and own vehicle
- First Aid/CPR
- Cleared Criminal Record Check
- Clearance from Physician
HOURS OF WORK: 72 hours biweekly, flexible
START DATE: Approximately September 11, 2023
CLOSING DATE: August 11, 2023
Please submit cover letter and resumes to:
Gillian Small, Director of Quality Assurance & Home Share
Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living
101 - 22368 North Avenue, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 8T2
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-11
Expected start date: 2023-10-04